Ojai Retreat & Inn Policies
Please read our policies below when booking your stay. Thank you.
In order to ensure tranquility:
- NO CHILDREN UNDER 12, NO TVS, NO PETS
- Children over 12 years of age are welcome when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- No pets except ADA dogs that have been specifically trained to perform a task you can no longer do for yourself (ADA definition of a service dog).
- Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.
- Directions: we are located on a secluded 5-acre hilltop and are a little difficult to find, therefore we suggest that you follow the street-by-street directions on the on the “directions” page.
- 8% bed tax will be applied to every guest-room reservation.
- 10% discount for students and seniors (65 years and over).
- Check-in begins at 3pm. We close for lunch from 1-2pm, and again at 5pm for the day. We cannot guarantee any early check-ins. We have a simple procedure for check-ins after 5pm. Check your confirmation email please.
- Check-out is at 11am.
- Breakfast is served daily from 8:00-9:30am in the Main House.
- Free wireless internet.
- Payments and cancellations: Our regular cancellation period is 5 days. You will be charged at noon 5 days ahead of your arrival. For instance, if you are scheduled to check-in on January 10th, your credit card will be charged at noon on the 5th. If you book within 5 days of your arrival, you will be charged at the time of booking. Cancellations must be made directly by calling and speaking to an office manager or by e-mail with a confirmed response BEFORE NOON. Every reservation and every cancellation will be confirmed by e-mail. For reservations made using a third-party travel agent, cancellation policy as listed on third-party website applies. If you need to cancel after the 5 day period and after you have been charged you are responsible for the cost of the room. We regret that we are not able to offer a refund.
- Every reservation and every cancellation will be confirmed by e-mail.
- Damages: any damages incurred by you will be charged to your credit card.
- Rates include use of the Living Room, Quiet Room/Library, Waterfall Garden, Pink Moment Terrace, patios and walking trails throughout the property, when events are not taking place. Events, yoga classes and massages are not included.
- 10% surcharge on special holidays.
- Rates as listed are for 1 or 2 people per room. For each additional person, there is a $50 charge per night.
- 2 night minimum on Saturdays.
- No smoking. If guests smoke, there will be a fee of $100 charged to your credit card, plus any damages that may be incurred.
- TV-free facility.