Ojai Retreat & Inn Events
- August 11, 9am-2pm: Brew Wild Beers with Local Plants, see https://herbwalks.com/event/brewing-wild-beers-with-local-plants-a-workshop-with-pascal-baudar/
- August 11, 7:30pm: MOB SHOP Movie Night, see https://ovlc.org/ocean-film-movies-night-mob-shop-2-2/
- Every Sunday, 9am – 1pm: Ojai Certified Farmers Market 300 E Matilija St, Ojai.
- Wednesdays through August 15, 7:30 – 9 pm: Ojai Summer Band Concerts (various). Held at Libbey Park, Ojai.
EVENTS AT THE OJAI RETREAT IN AUGUST & SEPTEMBER
- August 19, 10:30am – 1pm: Monthly Devotional with Rev. Karen Wylie. Come together to be part of the evolving consciousness individually and collectively which is happening on the planet at this time. For details contact Rev. Karen Wylie at 310-968-8928. Love offering: $20 suggested. There is another meditation on September 9. These meditations are organized by Rev. Wylie.
- August 25, 7 – 8:30pm: Full Moon Meditation with Dr. Lisa Love: email@example.com. This event is organized by Lisa Love. Donations welcome.
- September 12, 7 pm: Simon Lewis, Ted Talk speaker, film and television producer and author, will be giving a special presentation on ‘Where Science meets Spirit’. Born in London, Lewis earned a law degree from Christ’s College Cambridge and Boalt Hall, Berkeley, when he moved to Los Angeles. His Hollywood experience includes managing writers, directors and stars, as well as producing Look Who’s Talking, critically acclaimed films such as The Chocolate War, the Emmy-winning international co-production for HBO and ITV Central A Month of Sundays (Age Old Friends), and variety specials starring Howie Mandel. Simon survived a catastrophic car accident and near death experience. Simon wrote a memoir called Rise & Shine using his personal story to illustrate deep and universal insights about consciousness.
- September 13, 7 pm: Talk on the ‘Spiritual Approach to Death’ by Dr. Lisa Love: firstname.lastname@example.org. $10 donation suggested. This event is organized by Dr. Lisa Love.
- September 17, 7pm: Professor Mozayeni, State University of New York, New Paltz, Economics Professor: “Three Empirical Studies Of Meditative Effect Of Khavarani’s Painting Style: An Application In Healthcare” followed by a Q&A. Dr. Khavarani, Los Angeles, Father of Abstract Romanticism: “What Is Art And What Is The Opposite Of Art” followed by a Q&A.
- September 27, 7pm: Talk by Sirena Pellarolo, PhD, on Early Tango Women. Multimedia presentation which will discuss gender ambiguity in early tango culture and the creation of the modern feminine in Argentina.
Unless otherwise stated these events are organized by The Ojai Retreat and Education Center, a non-profit, public organization (501,c,3).